As you age, your skin’s collagen and elastin simply break down faster than your body can rebuild them, causing your skin to lose elasticity—which often leads to wrinkles and pockets of loose, sagging skin. The effects of aging are typically most noticeable around the eyes, where skin is delicate and thin. Over time it will start to lose elasticity, beginning to droop and wrinkle, even creating heavy “hoods” that make you look older. Thus, this minimally invasive treatment option that utilizes radiofrequency for skin tightening and has no downtime is often called a nonsurgical eye lift or eyelid treatment.
Eyes by Thermage rejuvenates and brightens the eye area by:
- Tightening and toning the eyelids
- Reducing eyelid hooding
- Improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Softening of Crow’s Feet around the eyes
One Thermage skin tightening eye treatment is usually all that is needed to see noticeably firmer, tighter skin around the eyes. Results may be noticeable as early as two weeks after treatment with continued skin tightening over time as new collagen is produced.
What is the Eyelid Thermage used for?
Eyelid Thermage is used as a non-surgical treatment that tightens and lifts the eyelid skin. It works best on the following problems:
- Reduces fine wrinkles above and below the eye
- Reduces “hooding” – the loose skin on the upper eyelid in mild to moderate conditions
- Enhances the eye to look more “open”
- Helps to maintain the results of eyelid surgery