WHY IS BRACHIOPLASTY SURGERY PERFORMED?
Most people decide to have this plastic surgery after they have lost a lot of weight. The skin that is left after the weight loss is stretched and might not have enough elasticity to bounce back into its place. Therefore the upper arms appear saggy and develop extra skin folds. This also happens if people lose weight from weight-loss surgeries.
That’s why people turn to this body-shaping surgery to return nice contours to their arms. Brachioplasty can be performed along with other plastic surgeries like removing excess skin and fat tissue from under the chin, abdomen or thighs.
Other reasons for having Brachioplasty include aging and genetic predisposition to developing saggy skin on the upper arms. While exercising can make the underlying muscles in the arms stronger, it can’t eliminate excess skin, tissue and fat deposits.
This surgery can help people feel good about their bodies after they have lost a lot of weight because it removes extra skin folds under their arms.
These excess skin folds can cause discomfort to people who have them because they can cause rash, inflammation or an infection. Once the skin folds are removed with arm lift surgery, people feel more self-confident.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ARM LIFT SURGERY?
With newly shaped upper arms, the patients feel more confident and develop a positive self-image. This is one of the major benefits of this surgery.
Other advantages include:
- Removal of excess skin and fat tissue. Once the skin that hangs below the upper arms is eliminated, this body area looks more attractive. It can dramatically improve the appearance of the entire body.
- Improvement in the shape and tone of the upper arms. Brachioplasty can change the shape of upper arms and make them look better defined. Once flabby upper arms become firmer as the surgeon reshapes the underlying tissue and makes it more supportive.
- Better contours of the upper arms. This surgery can restore the elasticity of the skin, that was lost because of fluctuation in weight or aging. After the surgery, arm contours are greatly improved.
- Improved proportions of the whole body. After arm lift surgery, the arms are better proportioned with the rest of the body.
- Scars are invisible. Even though the patient is left with scars, they are hidden in the inner arm, at the back of the arm or at the armpit. The scars are minimal and hardly noticeable.
- Better results from exercising. Some patients find it impossible to shape their upper arms just with weight lifting or arm exercises. After Brachioplasty, the patients notice that without excess tissue and skin they get stronger and easily do their arm workouts. This greatly increases the chances of keeping the results of the surgery for a long time.
Arm lift surgery can be life-changing. Anyone who is dissatisfied with saggy, excess skin on the upper arms can greatly benefit from this procedure. It is safe, it doesn’t require a long recovery and it achieves brilliant results.