WHAT CAUSES FACIAL WRINKLES?
Aging is not the only reason that can affect the skin. Facial wrinkles can be formed by overusing muscles to make expressions. These lines are called dynamic wrinkles and the well-known examples are crow’s feet and vertical frowning lines between eyebrows.
As time passes and the skin gets older it loses its natural compounds like collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. It loses volume, hydrations and proteins that make it stretch. So the dynamic wrinkles that used to disappear when the skin was younger and fresher, actually stay on the face and can be seen even when the muscles are relaxed. Then these wrinkles become static and are visible all the time.
There are also some other factors that contribute to the formation of wrinkles such as environmental influences like too much sun exposure, stress and smoking.
WHAT IS BOTOX®?
Botox® consists of a botulinum toxin type A which is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. This compound actually represents an extremely purified neurotoxic protein that aims at nerves that are in charge of muscle movement. It freezes the nerves and prevents them from producing the signals which trigger muscle movements. The result is that overactive muscles become relaxed and dynamic wrinkles are no longer produced. This fact is what makes Botox® so effective in preventing the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. After the treatment, your skin is smoother and more youthful.
The history of botulinum toxin goes way back, even before it was used for cosmetic purposes. First, it was used in medicine for the treatment of strabismus, then for muscle spasms and in the end for softening the lines. This last effect was actually a side effect that brought Botulinum toxin to the role and the name it has today. It was officially named Botox® and it started to be used for cosmetic purposes in 1992.
WHERE BOTOX® CAN BE USED
Botox® injections have a wide variety of usage and can give a more youthful appearance in different parts of the face and body. Dynamic lines are most likely to appear in the upper face areas. They include:
- Crow’s feet on the outer corners of the eyes, so Botox® treatment can be used to remove these lines.
- Vertical glabellar lines between the eyebrows, that make people look angry can be reduced and made smoother.
- Bunny lines that appear on the sides of the nose bridge.
- Lines on the forehead which make people look worried or stressed can be reduced and make the skin more youthful.
These are perhaps the most popular face areas that can be treated with Botox®, but it can be used for other cosmetic purposes such as:
- Rejuvenating neck and jawline -Nefertiti Neck Lift. The Botox® treatment benefits in this case because it brings more definition to the jawline and smooths the wrinkles in the neck area.
- Making vertical necklines or cords softer
- Remodeling the tip of the nose
- Making chin dimples smoother
- Lifting the corners of the mouth and the eyebrows
- Positioning a gummy smile
- Making the jaw slimmer
Also, Botox® for underarm sweating can be used to treat conditions like hyperhidrosis which results in excessively sweaty underarms. When injected, Botox® blocks the chemicals in the body that trigger sweat glands. A lot of people who suffer from this condition turn to Botox® treatment because it is a quick, comfortable and non-surgical procedure with almost no side effects. Most importantly underarm Botox® injections are more than 80% effective in reducing underarm sweating.
For medical purposes, Botox® can also be used to:
- Reduce teeth grinding and jaw clenching
- Prevent chronic migraines
- Treat crossed eyes
- Treat muscle spasms
- Treat hyperactive bladder
- Alleviate symptoms of depression
Of course, the uses of Botox® don’t stop here. The new ways of using Botox® are constantly being explored and perfected. Advanced applications of Botox® in therapeutic and cosmetic purposes are continuing to appear.
THE BENEFITS OF BOTOX®
Botox® injections can turn back time and enhance your natural beauty. There are a lot of reasons why Botox® treatment is so beloved by patients at Lucia Clinic.
- It is a non-surgical and minimally invasive procedure that leaves no scars.
- It doesn’t require anesthesia or incisions
- It is FDA approved procedure and it is clinically tested.
- There is no need for downtime after the treatment.
- Results represent a natural and subtle enhancement of the face.
- The benefits of Botox® are long-lasting if treatments are consistent.
- Botox® works really well in combination with other face and skin treatments.
More people of all ages are making Botox® procedures part of their regular skincare routine. If you’re ready to find out what Botox® can do for you, schedule a consultation with one of our expert injectors at Lucia Clinic Dubai — where Dubai goes for beauty! Contact us by phone at +971 4 385 4525 or on mobile/WhatsApp at +971 56 115 9194.